About The Project:

The airplane is a home-built, scratch-built Zenith CH 750 STOL. Building from plans/blueprints is a challenging way to build an airplane, since most of the parts you use to build it are not prefabricated. I chose the Zenith CH 750 STOL for its rugged design, its STOL (Short Take-Off and Landing) characteristics and its aluminum construction. Zenith Aircraft Company has designed this airplane so that it can be built from scratch or from a kit by the average person. They provide excellent technical support for both kit and scratch builders. In addition, I'll be installing a 1965 Chevrolet Corvair 164 cid horizontally opposed, air cooled, 6-cylinder engine, with special conversion parts to make it suitable for airplane duty. This is what the airplane will look like when I'm done, although I'll have a different paint scheme:

Follow my progress below!

Wednesday, April 3, 2019

DIY Aviation Survival Vest

Friends,

The cold weather is finally coming to a close. I never could get a good heating solution going in the shop this winter, so not much progress was made on the Zenith for the past few months. In the interim, I've worked on a few more drafting videos and decided to put together a pilot survival vest. My mission for 2019 includes visiting some backcountry areas with the Cessna, so it just makes sense to have some kind of survival gear with me in the event of a forced landing or if I get stuck someplace. This kit fits well with my aviation goals in the future, especially when the Zenith is completed. Check out the video below for some show-and-tell on my DIY Aviation Survival Vest:


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment